11 new partners selected by the Rexel Foundation Executive Committee
05 August 2016
The Executive Committee of the Rexel Foundation for a better energy future met on June 13, 2016. In all, 11 new projects were selected to promote access to energy efficiency for all, combat fuel poverty, support vocational training, raise awareness on energy transition, educate the actors and encourage social innovation in the energy field.
The main decisions taken and courses of action adopted by the Committee are as follows:
- Brice Lalonde, Special Advisor to the United Nations Global Compact for Sustainable Development, has joined the Executive Committee (see press release).
- The Foundation is strengthening its position in social innovation projects, in particular, through investment in social enterprises in France and in Europe.
- There will be greater involvement of the Foundation’s entities and staff in the projects.
The 11 selected projects are as follows:
1. Bringing electricity industry training modules up-to-date aimed at improving the employability of the young people of Ho Chi Minh City in partnership with IECD, Vietnam
2. Support to the University of Berkeley, California, for its “Ecoblock” research project on the retrofitting of cities
3. Support to Next Step whose mission is to fit out mobile-homes with energy efficiency solutions at affordable prices for low-income households in the United States
4. Installation and distribution of renewable energy equipment in Thailand, in partnership with Sunsawang, whose maintenance will be provided by locally recruited and trained technicians
5. Awareness-raising for the residents of underprivileged neighborhoods in France to the issues of energy efficiency through a network of peers, employed and trained by VoisinMalin to go from door to door in their neighborhood.
6. Support for young mothers in the distribution of solar lanterns in partnership with the association Life Project 4 Youth (LP4Y) in the Philippines
7. Development of social entrepreneurship and micro-franchises in the energy field in Vietnam organized by the GRET
8. Networking of social entrepreneurs around a joint project in the Philippines with the association GERES
9. Involvement of residents in the energy renovation of their homes in partnership with the Compagnons Bâtisseurs, in France
10. Installation of a solar panel farm enabling local people to have access to a source of clean, reliable energy in partnership with the association Papa in Cambodia
11. Support to the INSEAD, a French business school, for its research program on entrepreneurship in the energy efficiency and renewable energy sector